Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wings Of Love -Wedding Greetings-Archive from June 6th 2009

Hey Family,

This is from an old post from last summer. I just wanted to show you the cards I donated to Heartsforhaiti.etsy.com


I was happy to see my "A thousand times yes" card go to a good home last week

I plan to donate the cards below to the HFH shop:


Happily Ever After

 

Congrats to The Groom/Bride to be
Each card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Each matching envelope measures about 4 3/4" x 6 1/2"



Here is the original post text below: Thanks for stopping by , let me know what you think of the cards, Should I make some more??

"As I was making cards for the fair tomorrow, I was stumped as to what kind of card to make for wedding greetings. Where I live we have a few huge community centers where folks hold lots of wedding receptions, bridal showers etc, esp during the Spring/Summer months

ClaudiaCreations.etsy.com creates "plantable"and organic paper from her own 100% post consumer waste paper pulp mixed with things such as flowers, thread, crayon, easter grass etc. In these designs I used the recycled set although there are some flower portions in there.

The butterflies by Porkchopshow.etsy.com -( the same genius behind those Wooden Typewriter Keys I used to make earrings) are made with 1/8" thick wood and cut with a laser cutting machine. Then gorgeous paper strips made from craft paper and soy ink add the finishing touch with each heartfelt phrase.

Of course this fair was a great opportunity to showcase some wedding sample cards. Then I received these gorgeous paper sets and my mind swirled into a whole new direction:

These are great for anniversary as well. In fact when I posted a sample of these cards through Twitpic, within 10 mins one of my Twitter followers wanted me to create a custom order of 150 of the same designs, but as Wedding Invitations instead!!!! OMG 150!! Can I tell you I almost fell out my chair.
Since each card is a limited one of a kind original- I will be selling these cards in the design format seen here in my Artfire shop ( this shop closed) as a made to order listing. Each component is completely handmade so no two cards will look quite the same."


Thanks for visiting



Go Green,

Ny

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, those are wonderful! The color combos are great!

Lijit Search

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online