Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weight Loss Week Three- Nashi Pear Heaven

Hey Family,


I knew there was something special about this fruit!! I love all types of fruits but this one effects me like no other. None of them have given me the energy boost and stops my sweet cravings completely like the Nashi Pear.

I was visiting GlassIdentities blog searching her latest post about her own personal weight loss journals and posted a comment about the Nashi pear. I just found out this pear is also in the antioxidant fruit family too.

The nutritional benefits are:

  • Vitamin C
  • Dietary Fiber
  • B Vitamins

The pear can help with:

  • Red Blood Cell Production
  • Gastrointestinal Health
Here is a link to a great Antioxidant Fruit site: http://www.antioxidant-fruits.com
So it makes sense to me now why my body chemistry reacts so positively to this fruit. With my low energy and immune system problems eating this particular pear has done wonders for my stamina. I eat at least one a day or every other day in the morning with my breakfast and I still have energy after what I call the "10 am crash" in which I used to get so sleepy between 10 am and 2pm since I stopped street vending regularly. One pear for me curbs my sweet tooth ALL DAY and NIGHT!

I found this gorgeous blog post and interesting Youtube video about the Nashi pear created by Calvin, a cool engineering student studying in Japan: http://calvin-myjourney.blogspot.com/2007/10/pear-hunt.html



So far I have lost another pound-though my body mass index is still the same but it is progress.

I saw this recipe for Watercress,Pink Grapefruit & Nashi Pear Salad that I am going to try. HERE is the link for the recipe. Try it and let me know what you think. If you blog about it post your blog link in my comment box.I'd love to read about it;-)


Photography by Con Poulos -http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/12030/watercress+pink+grapefruit+nashi+pear+salad

My Progress: Previous Weight: 235
Current weight loss: 9 pounds
Current weight: 226


No comments:

Lijit Search

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online