Sunday, August 29, 2010

Balance: A Reality Check


It's funny how sometimes we don't practice what we preach;-) I have always talked about taking care of ones health, trying to find holistic ways to stay mentally and physically well.

But I have not always done the same for myself. and the unfortunate lesson behind this is what my doctor warned me I had a 50% chance of not having it if I lost weight and found better ways to relieve stress in my life since everything else was fine and I had lived my life differently than my fore parents did. Last week I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure.

At 37, I am the youngest to have this diagnosis between my mother and my grandmother who were diagnosed in their late 50's and 60's. I had the trait for it but mu cardiologist told be that I could beat it if I ate right and exercised..I did and lost 35 pounds over 3 yrs and limited my salt intake greatly.




But the stress..it came from many angles in different forms but I guess it wasn't enough. When I went to my cardiologist my BP was 166/101--that's HIGH

Five yrs ago it was 144/110 but I was 230 pounds, going through a bad breakup and working for a small business for a boss from hell. All the same, it snuck up on me. Still, HBP is manageable and since I already know it full history, I have the jump on living with HBP. I still have 20 pounds to go and thankfully I have no high cholesterol, no high blood sugar and my white and red blood cell counts are excellent.

I am taking Diovan as my medication treatment and so far so good. My readings have gone down to 130/80..that's a BIG difference! Oh, the hematite? Hematite is a grounding stone with absorbs negative energy and stress. I carry one with me everywhere I go and made a pendant with the other one to wear close to my heart.

There is no Balance in life if your health is not centered...take care of yourself, no matter what.

No comments:

Lijit Search

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online