Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gypsy Magic-Earring Project

I am excited to be working on two new Tribal fusion peacock earring project for my belly dance classmates Alicia and Denya. Alicia loves wheat brown feathers so she wanted an earthy version of the Sula earrings. The only problem we both stumbled upon was which metal link should I use for the outer support hoop.
Copper?

Sterling silver ?

or antiqued brass? Once the metal hoops are choosen I will wrap them in brown leather an then add a few filigree charms. Alicia has given them the name Amazon- I like it;-)

These beautiful handforged and soldered metal hoops in Rustic Copper by Missficklemedia and Sterling silver by Aunali are great hoops to work with. sturdy, strong but not heavy at all.

Alicia and Denya loved the mixed metal components and czech glass beads I had chosen for the designs and hand picked their favorite color combinations

Denya picked this eclectic color combo of verdigris, silver and brass with yellow czech moon beads and bright green dyed peacock feathers for the Athena Earring Project.



I need to finish the earrings by Saturday. I would love your input to help us decide! If you scroll up to the upper right hand side of the blog you can find my blog poll just above my shop links. You and also leave a comment here or at my Facebook Fan page. Tweet a link too, the more votes the better!

Check out my Gypsy Moon Collection on Facebook


Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

definitely the copper! It has the most earthy feel.
btw - your blog background is missing :P

jamberry_song said...

Gorgeous stuff!

seagoddess said...

Copper! Brass is nice too, not sterling.

They're going to look AMAZING! (as always!)

Lijit Search

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online