Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ny at work in her favorite shirt :)- Update


Today is the fourth day of Kwanzaa, Today's principle: Ujamaa (oo-JAH-mah)(Cooperative Economics). Desired action- helping build and maintain profits and entrepreneurship, and economic self-sufficiency within the community. When I originally posted this blog, I wrote about a young woman I met a festival named Esra and her family. Esra had opened a small clothing boutique in the Bronx and was looking to add handmade jewelry to her shop. She also imports beautiful fair-trade bone, glass, semi and shell beads from the Congo that she uses for her clothing designs, with tons left over unused.

As part of contribution to Ujamaa in my daily life, I did sell her unused beads in my old destash shop on Etsy last year and Esra sold special collection of my hammered earrings in her boutique. Unfortuately the economic woes of 2009 proved to be a difficult first year for Esra so her store front was closed and her husband took over the property to expand a new branch for his already established travel agency.

I took these picyures of me creating some pieces tonight for Esra at the time.

It's so peaceful to sit in my room with my portable table and just hammer away comfortably. The pair I was making in these pics was my personal pair. Thats the only time I don't use gloves.

The tee shirt I am wearing I purchased from ZeCe Designs at Etsy.com
Consciousness - Hand screen printed women's ringspun cotton
As you can see I am a "big girl":) lol, but this shirt ( Size XL) fits me comfortably easy to wash and wear and 100% ring spun cotton that feels great on my sensitive skin. I am very happy to find great quality shirts that fit perfectly for my size.


Zece
means "Ten" in Romanian, and Diana & Alfonso are the perfect "10" couple behind Zece Designs with an awesome selection of screen printed tees for men and women. Please check out Diana's oil painting art shop as well http://zecearts.etsy.com/ :)
Monthly giveaways & interesting news on handmade items, at ZeCe's blog: http://zecetrends.wordpress.com/

Thanks for visiting,

Be Well,

Ny


1 comment:

rockcreekcreations said...

Congrats on the partnership!! Sounds like a good trade.

It's interesting to see a face behind the blog and twitter.

This was a very nice read tonight!

Lijit Search

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online